
So much has happened the last couple of weeks that it's going to take several posts to get caught up on everything. However the biggest news is that we have finally finished the necessary projects (electric, water, septic system, and back steps)! And after being patient with the bank we were able to sign house papers!! We are official home owners.

Although I have to admit that it is very nerve racking to sign all those paper. I am happy that part is over. After all the work it took to get to this point I have learned that actually owning the home is not a end of "projects" but a life time of "eventual" project. "Eventual" is such a fun word because I have no idea if it means in the next 6 months or next 6 to 60 years. We've already decided to install a wood stove to help heat the home. And would like put in a sidewalk. I'll keep you updated.

I love these pictures of the kids playing in backyard. Having enough dirt for our yard was a great blessing. When the house was placed on the lot it was too high so a huge hole was dug in the backyard to obtain the necessary dirt for the front yard for the delivery of the house. As we were struggling to finish all of the necessary projects we learned that we would not have enough dirt to cover our septic system. We had planned on doing the septic system ourselves to save money but with everything else happening at the time we found it was better to hire someone. I'm glad we did because he did an awesome job and brought in some dirt to finish for us. However we still had a huge hole, and couldn't really do anything about it.

Before the septic system was done a contractor who was working on the city water line stopped and asked if there was any way he could borrow one of our infiltrators (part of the septic system). Apparently he had accidentally run over someone's and was desperate to fix it. I called Brian and he was able to help the guy out. A couple weeks later the contractors wanted to pay us back by giving us the extra dirt from their project. Wow! Now we have all the dirt we could need. It's amazing how things like that work out. And how taking the time to help someone else can allow the Lord to bless you. It really does come back to you ten fold!
No comments:
Post a Comment