Monday, August 23, 2010

Canning 101

Check it out, I tried my hand at something new. And it left my hands very sticky. I helped Mom Stokes make and can peach jam. Yum! I learned a new way to peal peaches. By putting them in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes you can pull the peal right off. Then I used a chop wizard to cut the peaches to the perfect size. Luckily, Mom tackled the important stuff like cooking and measuring, so it all turned out good. It was actually pretty cool, not necessarily hard but very time consuming. Not something I would want to tackle on my own, but look forward to helping again.
The end masterpiece! We've already finished eating the first bottle.

1 comment:

  1. I love canning!! I did it for the first time when I was pregnant with Tegan. I am not a pro at it, but I love doing it with my mom!

    ReplyDelete